Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Where We Are At

Today is all about:
  • recovering from yesterday's trip to:


which is always followed by a trip next door. Needless to say it was FULL day. Call it a good review but I couldn't convince Brian that the MegaCentre was NOT a "motel"!

When driving to Ikea I never know which exit to take off the highway, usually just relying on the "once you see it take the exit" technique. This failed miserably yesterday and I ended up doing a u-turn at Yatala (15 kms/9.3 miles past my exit)!! Apparently the horrible night sleep I had (and continue to have) is leaving me more tired than I realised!
  • figuring out our weekly meal plan which is proving to be an insanely harder task than it should be. I've got the ideas, I just know I don't have the energy to turn them into our dinner.
  • doing our grocery shop. We are ditching Coles and switching to Woolworths, albeit one that is a little further away - that is a whole other post in itself!

The rest of the week is all about:
  • getting a little boy (who has now been sick for an entire week) better. We are nearly there and thankfully he's well past being terrified every time he's coughing and totally congested.
  • figuring out how I download my photos from my camera to a computer. Our Mac (laptop) has no space left and I'm not allowed to download to the Desktop computer - apparently it's a much more full on process involving filing in the correct places. Enter my trip to Ikea experience and I'm on Kevin's side - don't let me do it!
  • keeping up with the chores. Once you are in a good place you need to keep it going!
  • trying to get this need to shop out of my system without spending any money! I'm already part way done on my Christmas/birthday/Easter shopping. I've already got little Easter presents for my two young cousins (we don't regularly give them gifts but we will be seeing them around Easter), birthday presents for two nieces and one nephew and half a birthday present for another niece. I'm loving getting in early and am hoping to be done before the baby arrives. I seem to think my life will be over when the baby is born (in a good way) - I'm making absolutely no plans for anything after 27th June!
  • sticking to my new found schedule - at least in the planning department. I didn't do the "planning" part of my week last week which now finds me behind on blog posts, behind on menu planning and behind on grocery shopping. That doesn't make for an easy week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You sound organised! I think I need to take a leaf out of your book and start preparing! I have five birthdays in the few weeks after baby is due to arrive! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love going to Ikea but usually go with my hubby because I'm not very good with directions. You do sound very organised I think it's a great idea, it gives you lots of time to settle in with the new baby without having to worry about buying presents. I hope all of you are well. xo

    ReplyDelete