
A couple of weeks back I had a MAJOR craving (new favourite term) for this pasta recipe. It's chickeny and creamy, yet fresh and I needed that. I searched for ages through my Super Food Ideas magazines - I knew it was in an early edition. Turns out it was in the very first one I bought way back in September 2002!
The only "pregnancy changes" I made to this recipe was to use semi-dried tomatoes from a jar instead of the deli. Thank goodness I'm not as strict this time around - with Brian I didn't even eat mince!


Almost ready.
..................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
Chicken Pesto Pasta
Serves 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500g chicken mince
1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup sliced semi sun-dried tomatoes
seasonings to taste
250g packet ribbon pasta (I used 500g fettuccine to make it go further)
basil leaves, to garnish
shaved parmesan cheese, to garnish
1. Heat oil in a frying pan. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Add mince. Brown well, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
2. Stir in sauce, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and toss through sauce. Top with basil and parmesan. Serve immediately with bread and salad. (We just had the pasta by itself).
That looks delicious, Brooke! I might try it! I've never cooked with chicken mince though! Kate xxoo
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate. I've found it cheaper at Woolworths rather than Coles, but with all the price dropping going on I'm not sure which is best now. Just make sure you break it up as it cooks.
ReplyDeleteLove the sound of this Brooke - I am a pasta addict!
ReplyDelete