
My little man is a lot like me, he's a cold drink lover. Today Brian started asking me specifically for "a cold drink Mummy". He's even reminding me to put it back in the fridge when he's done, just so it stays cold!
I'm pretty strict with what Brian drinks. Milk, water and the occasional lime milkshake when Nanny is around is all that's allowed. The other week I was making Kevin and I a fruit frappe. It's a special treat for us and I thought it would be fun to make a special drink for Brian too. Enter the Brian Smoothie (pictured above).
To make our frappe I had blended up some yellow watermelon and frozen it in an ice cube tray. I did this ages ago so making the frappe on the night was really quick and simple.
Simply throw some ice cubes in the blender with some pineapple juice (that needed to be used up) and blend. Our frappe was quite thick, which is how we like it.
For Brian's Smoothie I heaped a few spoons of the frappe into his cup and mixed in some milk. Easy! It went down a treat until he spilled it and wanted more.
__________________________________________________
{EASY FRAPPES & TODDLER SMOOTHIES HOW TO}
- Blend and freeze (in ice cube trays or your baby food puree trays) any fruit that is coming due.
- Once frozen blend ice cubes with juice.
- For the toddler version stir the frappe into some milk. Or you could add some yoghurt and/or milk to the blender.
- Check out the menus of some popular juice bars for extra ideas like adding bananas, oats, frozen yoghurt, etc.
Such a great idea. My kids would love these - and they could even make them themselves!
ReplyDelete