Friday, 19 November 2010

Double Post Friday

We will be going with a "Double Post Friday" today, so be sure to scroll down for a two-part post.
......................................................................

DALLAS, YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED!

When my older brother Dallas found out that we were expecting, he was hoping for a boy. For the sheer fact that he wanted this little boy to bring me all kinds of creatures, dead and alive (as boys do).

On Tuesday, Brian came running, saying "Got a spider". My heart skipped a beat because the most common spiders we find in our house are literally as big as my hand! Round the corner he came with this thumb sticking up. Meet Mr Spider:






Known as "measly little ant" to the rest of us!
......................................................................

A LITTLE WEEKEND INSPIRATION

It's been a while since I've graced you with anything creative, so here's a couple of cards to remedy that:

I love this first card. Bright, cute and fun. Brian is just in love with Hoot The Owl from the ABC (and who wouldn't be jealous of Jimmy Giggle's pj's by 5pm, bed by 6pm routine), so it's my little tribute to the night watch. {link is a YouTube video} The gorgeous owl was created by Lidya, you can find more of her felt creations here.


I absolutely love Dear Lizzy Growing Green paper, but sadly don't think I've done it much justice here. My theory was that because it was so gorgeous on it's own it really didn't need much. I'd give anything to be on vacation under those two trees right now!


I created this card for my Nan's (Mum's Mum) 80th birthday. This was pretty out of the box for me as layers and girly aren't usually my thing. I'm pretty happy with it, and Nan and her party guests were too = )

......................................................................

Have a great weekend. All three of us are in much need of sleep, rest and relaxation this weekend. Unfortunately weekends often mean catching up on jobs around the house, so we'll see how we go. I've already left it too late to start the roast for tonights dinner, so my vote is for take away. The budget can't afford it but sometimes you just need a break.

4 comments:

  1. top job brian give the chook hell also say hello 2 mum&dad aka chook & kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke =) Thanks for using my owl and I love all your cards..they're so cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke you've done some beautiful work with those cards, they're all great. The owl is a winner, great layout and very cute. I hope you got some rest over the weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O Brian is so adorable. He brought an ant in :) I would have just stuck on two more legs and said it was a spider hehe.

    ReplyDelete