In fact if we were spending more time here I might be a little happier.This week is the first week of school holidays in Queensland so our regular outings/activities are on holiday too which makes this the perfect time to toilet train Brian. I really have no idea how we are going. It seems the norm is to train your child in 3 - 5 days. Before day 1 I thought this might be semi-achievable but now I'm not particularly setting any goals.
Our day consists of (Brian) wearing underwear around the house. It's still a little chilly so I've been super thankful for a pair of Babylegs I picked up a little while back (and the fact that they dry overnight). I regularly ask Brian if he needs to use the toilet, the answer is almost always no (even when that's not the case).
I'm starting to learn some of the signs he shows when he needs to go. He's a super sensitive little man and has to feel like going down the hall to the toilet is his idea.
We have not left the house all week and are really looking forward to being free again. I considered going out for a little bit today (for sanity sake) but think it's best to give Brian some more time as he is making progress, just slow progress.
"Toilet next time" is becoming his most common phrase. At least it's starting to sink in.
If you have any stories or advice I'd love to hear.
doesn't he look happy abouy it.............
ReplyDeleteNo advice - but what a coincidence! I'm planning on doing this next week with my little one! Let me know how you go . . .
ReplyDeleteI wish I could give some helpful advice but it's been a while since my girls toilet trained. My big girl took ages to toilet train but on the other hand my little one was pretty quick. I didn't do anything different it just clicked with the younger one quicker. I suppose patience and taking him consistently and regularly, before sleep time, after lunch and after sleep. He'll get it soon:)
ReplyDelete