Monday, 6 September 2010

Craft = Happiness {for less than $2.14}

I was going to WOW you today with my {brilliant} crafting idea over the weekend. Unfortunately I took pictures using the {big} camera, which {story cut short} means I took them in raw format and can't open them up on the computer. {A job for Kevin}.

So instead, I'm sharing some Brian/Mummy craft time from last week. I know that to most Mum's "pasting" is nothing new, but sadly so I had been {unknowingly} keeping my child from all the glory that is Clag glue {<-link for overseas folk} for much too long.

It was during a craft at Playgroup that I realised not only was Brian ready for this "stick, stick" {as he says} experience, he was thoroughly enjoying it.

So here's what we did:
  1. picked up a bottle of Clag {Big W - $2.14}
  2. pulled out one of our {breeding} advertising brochures
  3. cut things {shorts, shoes, Kmart logo, broccoli} out
  4. put them in a little basket
  5. robbed the {computer} printer of some paper
  6. glued to our little hearts content
Observations:
Brian thrives on this. Mention "paste" now and he will come running. He will also snap at your ankles {just like a puppy dog} until that paste is open and he's sitting down using it.

Putting all the cut outs in a little basket not only kept them all together but meant that Brian could search through them for exciting things to stick down {like a weetbix picture}.

Painting and pasting are much the same in the eyes of a 2 year old {well, this one anyway}. Brian loves to "paste" over the top of the image once it's stuck down. He will say what the item is as he pastes over it.

Doing something new with your kids is so rewarding.

If you do something new with your kids this week leave a comment telling me all about it, or if you have a blog, post about it and post a link in the comments below. I'd love to see what you did.

5 comments:

  1. see he's a leftie as well as you two

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do - don't give him PVA or sticky tape!! PVA is 4yo Princess' new glue of choice and it is very messy. And as for sticky tape! I've lost 6 rolls in the last month! Shbe eats the stuff when I am not looking, I am sure!

    Buy some glue glitter (or add it to the clag, not sure how it will go), and watch him go crazy! :)

    We did some different kind of painting this week, but it won't hit the blog until Saturday (haven't had the time to write it yet), but we did make som hand flowers ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, finally something useful to do with all those catalogues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone I come to your blog I swear Brian has grown a foot!!! He looks so grown up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I copied you and did this with my two year old last week and she hasn't stopped talking about it since! A scrapbooker in the making I think . . .

    ReplyDelete