I just got a fantastic email from my Dad. He's full of excitement today (like a little boy in a toy store) as he picked up his brand spanking new caravan. It goes perfectly with his almost new (AKA used, but looks new) 4WD (truck). Dad is almost living the Aussie dream of spending the kids inheritance and joining the grey nomad club. I'm pretty sure that Mum's upcoming work changes (not official yet) made him a little happier too.Now onto the photo. You see, caravans and letterbox destruction seems to go hand in hand with my family. My Pa (my Mum's Dad) was also infamous for this, which probably makes this photo even funnier. So up until this morning this was my parent's letterbox. All freshly moved to the new position to make way for the new addition to the family. Apparently the new addition and the letterbox don't get on so well.
We shan't mention that on the way home from my parent's house yesterday Kevin sincerely said to me "I do worry about them with all of the bad drivers on the road".
Mum, I guess you get that fancy rendered letterbox after all.
Thanks Chook, I had to great the Postie today as she had nowhere to put the mail and explain how the newly relocated letter box got flattened.
ReplyDeleteShe went away laughing.............
Well...... I bet a few choice words were used as well! What hope has Shane got! I bet the caravan just wanted some green on it somewhere.
ReplyDeleteThats a very funny story! Your parents sound very similar to mine- they just don't have the caravan...yet.... Today it's Mum's 66th birthday and they're roaming around far north western Australia
ReplyDeleteNew TARGET installed today, bet the Postie is a happy girl tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOops! I hope the caravan looks better than your Dad's poor letter box Brooke. (lol)
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that they are going to explore Australia, shame about the inheritance though;)
Happy Birthday to your Mum Jane.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure my parents will have many more funny adventures to share.
Looking forward to seeing the new letterbox Dad.
Catherine - I'd much rather see my parents enjoy their hard earned money. The caravan is VERY nice!