Monday, 19 July 2010

A Year On...

Brian & Great Grandpa, 18th October 2008


Dear Pa

A year on...
  • I still have to consciously say "Nan & Chris' house"
  • I have stayed in your old room (you'll be happy that it looks good)
  • I smiled when I used the pram you backed over
  • A lot has changed (Brian has grown), and a lot hasn't (Nan is still a fantastic cook!)
  • I have met your brother, you look alike
  • Dad is searching for the perfect box to put in the back of his car to hold all the essentials, apparently the baby bath isn't going to work for him = )
  • You'll be happy to know your picture is hanging downstairs at Kathy's so you're not missing out on any beer or cheese biscuits
  • You are still deeply missed
And ironically, yesterday as I scrubbed the letterbox (it was turning green) it seemed time to vacuum the ant dirt out. I've learned ants are ok but their dirt isn't.

Thinking of you today.

Brooke

3 comments:

  1. you do have a way with words, thanks Chook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chook. I loved this and that picture made it so personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartfelt words here Brooke - you obviously loved your Pa very much... and what a beautiful photo to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete