Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Wish Granted

Photo: Room service the last time I tagged along to one of Kevin's conferences

If you follow along with my 365 blog you might remember this post where I posed the question "I wonder how I get him on that type of a conference again?"

Well, it's happened. Shortly, Kevin will be off to another conference that involves a two-night stay on the Gold Coast. And yes, Brian and I are tagging along. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Initially I decided not to go because really although hotel-wise we wont have to pay more, we will have to pay for breakfasts, lunches and dinners out, which is not in our budget. After telling Kevin we would stay at home I realised how broken-hearted I felt and that really, although we will be spending less time with Kevin than we usually would during the week, I need this.

I'm trying to keep my days away more relaxing by not making many plans but I just can't help this list of must dos:
  • day trip to Pacific Fair (the Gold Coast's major shopping centre) to hopefully pick up a pair of Crocs for Brian
  • a walking adventure, through the streets and down to the beach with bucket and spade in hand
  • a little hotel exploring which will hopefully include an early morning trip to the gym and an afternoon swim in the pool with Brian
  • and I hope this place (link is a PDF document) allows kids because those mocktails sound like I might need one of each!

2 comments:

  1. Haha that picture is such a classic but tastefully presented =]

    How you finding the project so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a Tuesday Special...lol

    ReplyDelete