I'm in a bit of a perfume dilemma. I'm nearly out and don't know what to get next.
I've been wearing perfume daily since realising that it would cost me less to buy a cheap perfume than those fragranced body sprays they sell at the supermarket. Let's face it they are usually sickly sweet and certainly do not last the whole day in the hot and humid Brisbane weather. And yes, I'm probably not exactly their target market anymore.
Here's what I have:

Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden
This is my "work" perfume. I've barely worn it since leaving about 20 months ago. I'm after something a little more elegant and haven't quite figured out yet if elegant really just means more expensive.

Gucci Envy
I've gone through a lot of bottles of this, ever since Kevin bought me my first many years ago. I like the scent but am wondering whether it's a little too rich smelling for a stay at home Mum.
Gucci Envy Me 2
This was a birthday present from Kevin's parents. At the time I think Kevin's Mum was looking to get me a bottle of my regular (Gucci Envy) perfume and didn't realise there was more than one type. Well, I didn't either to be honest. I'm glad of the mistake though because I love this so much more right now. It has a lighter more playful scent that I think suits me better. I have worn this nearly every day since receiving it in December 2008 and there is about 6 drops left!
So I'm not sure where to go from here. A trip to the department store's perfume counter is not the best place for a Mum with a toddler. And certainly not a great place for me as I'm so bad with this kind of thing. Choosing sunglasses, deciding on perfume and choosing lipstick colours are all experiences that make me wish I had the character Marc St. James from Ugly Betty for a best friend.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hmmm.... it's so hard to suggest scents as it's something personal. Some thoughts
ReplyDelete1) Light Blue Perfume by Dolce & Gabbana
An Impish Note Of Green Apple Emanates From The Latest... More Creation Of The Most Impertinent Of Italian Designers. Light Blue, Is Not A Lighter Version Despite Its Name. It Sparkles With Flowers And Fruit Notes That Are An Enticement To Joie De Vivre. The Fragrance Opens On A Fresh And Gourmet Note Of Sicily Cedar, Granny Smith Apple And Bluebells. The Middle Note Is A Bouquet Of Jasmine, Bamboo And White Rose. The End Note Reveals Hints Of Cedarwood, Amber And Musk.
2) Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker
Lovely Is The Latest From Coty, A Sarah Jessica Parker... More Fragrance For Women, This Gorgeous Perfume Is A Beautiful Blend Of Mandarin, Rosewood, Lavender, Apple Martini And Bergamot. The Heart Is Of Orchid, Patchouli And Finishes Off To Cedar, White Amber, Woods And Musk.
3) Cool Water Perfume by Davidoff for Women
Launched By The Design House Of Davidoff In 1996, Cool Water Is Classified As A Sharp, Flowery Fragrance. This Feminine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Citrus, Pineapple, And Woody Notes. Accompanied By The Scent Of The Pure Ocean Air. It Is Recommended For Daytime Wear.
I'm curious what you will get - so be sure to keep your readers posted.v
I thinks its a very easy one,Fragrance of Crownies for the day use and for the special occasion Hints of Keiths India Pale.
ReplyDeleteThen I will know there is some in your fridge
Perfume is not really good for babies.. so I suggest L'OCCITANE - MOM & BABY WATER (body & hair)!
ReplyDeleteor something lighter..
CHANEL's CHANCE
or
ANNA SUI's FLIGHT OF FANCY
Hey Brooke
ReplyDeleteForget the Keith's fragrance, because you will have to do a lot of drinking to not have that go skunky. Besides that is more for the guys, they should be using it as their after shave....lol. Try Anais Anais that is French but nice.
I completely agree with you. Those fragrance sprays are rubbish and are carcinogens so not really that great for your health.
ReplyDeleteI love perfume!!!
I recommend any perfume by Paul Smith. He does lots of scents and at a good price.