Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Kevin's Going To Like This One

My first post for 2010 is going to be a little critical, but one I'm sure Kevin will like!

This past weekend we went to the movies. The line was big and a little voice in my head said "I'm pretty sure you can buy tickets at the candy bar". So Kevin waiting in the normal line, me at at the candy bar (good choice knowing my love for candy!). I got to the counter thinking "I hope Kevin is still way back in the line because the last thing we need is to pay for 4 tickets to this movie". The baby (that's another story) behind the counter tallied up my order of two movie tickets and I ran my trusty plastic card through that machine as quick as I could, so I could run down and tell Kevin we were in.

Waiting for the movie to start (in between having to move seats 3 times - yet another story) I mentioned to Kevin that I think it cost us $38 to see this movie. "No, no it must have been $28", he said. We checked later, $38! That was no food, no drink, no nothing but two adult seats at the cinema. When on earth did the price go up to $19?

We have been a little spoiled, what with a little man ruining our social life, my work giving us 10 movie tickets for a year well done, and the very nice lady at the Regent giving us a discount card. We haven't had to pay for a full price movie in quite some time, obviously.

So, I guess Kevin is wondering where the good bit is? No more crazy cinema prices, no more "where the hell do I park?" situtations, no more "hey buddy this is my seat", no more noisy eaters that have enough food to last for three hours of nonstop movie munching, no more tween movie chatting, do I hear a "YEAH?"

My resolution is to not get cranky when you come home with a bag full of blu-rays. But better still JB is my new best friend and you had better move on over Kevin, because I might just be beating you to that sales counter. I hope you like Bambi! (inside joke - yet another story!)

3 comments:

  1. I like all these 'yet another stories' lol. That does sound rather pricey for a movie but I hope you enjoyed it anyhow :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ~!! I thought $14 was expensive.... oh how I remember back in the day when they were $5.00 haha. So... how was the movie???? I hope it was worth it - sounds like the movie wasn't the only thing with a great story - **do share.
    Jer and I haven't been to a movie (together) in a while. I would go with the girls for an outing but even then I have people kicking my seats, talking on the phone or way too loud. Movies are not as enjoyable as they once were. I'm with you in investing in home entertainment with cozy blankets/pillow, a warm body to snuggle up with and some treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Avatar, and yes despite the price we did enjoy it. The one great thing about the 3D glasses is that you are less distracted by the people around you.

    I will have to concentrate on getting those "yet another stories" told.

    ReplyDelete