I got a card yesterday from my Nan (Dad's Mum) thanking me for the Christmas cards that I had sent her. My Nan loves to send handmade cards instead of just a letter. There is a little co-op shop in the town she lives in where she buys the cards. She is that regular of a customer that she knows the card makers special number (no names are associated with the cards, only numbers representing people) that she likes best. For really special occasions she requests that person to make a specific card, indicating how she wants the card made, eg. my older brother is a HUGE North Melbourne Kangaroos fan, so for his wedding card she requested it to have kangaroos on it and the colour scheme to be blue and white.
She has it made, handmade cards tailored to suit, all for just over $3 per card. The stuff they do is awesome, the time alone is worth so much more than $3.
I'm pretty sure Nan found the place after I had sent her a couple of handmade cards instead of letters and she wanted to reply to the same standard. One year Nan asked me to make her a bunch of cards and she paid me for them. I didn't want the money as I was proud as punch that someone liked my cards enough to ask me to make some for them. I think Nan enjoys telling people that her Grand daughter made them. I've sent down Christmas cards a couple of times since, but had slackened off a bit the last year or so which meant it was a big surprise for Nan to receive a parcel from me.
Above are a couple of photos of some of the cards I sent.
No comments:
Post a Comment