Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Not Too Much Longer




My Tuesday hospital appointment was a little scarier than I had anticipated. Of course the very day that I get used to the process of going in, getting my bloods done, the ctg, etc. is the very day they throw me in the deep end.

I'm now past 37 weeks and although I had a plan on Friday this week to see the Doctor and figure out what my birth plan was, the Doctor that had to release me from the PAOU decided that he would make the decision to induce me. Yikes. It's all happening now.

The worst thing was that he decided to do one last blood pressure test, after giving me an internal exam and shocking me about the induction. Of course it was through the roof! So then he gave me a script for more medication. I'm the kind of person that turns to my lavender and mint stick when I have a headache instead of taking Panadol. I wasn't too happy yesterday. I called and spoke to a Midwife today and she answered all the questions I had come up with overnight so I'm all ok with everything now. I wouldn't have been so shocked if I didn't get comfortable with going to the hospital - I've known all along that this would probably happen at 37 weeks.

It turns out that the protein in my urine (stuff you all really want to know I'm sure) has increased which is an indication that the pre-eclampsia will get worse. Better to be safe than sorry, right.

So now it's all up to the gel and my body to see when this little baby arrives. If I go into labour Thursday night that would be ideal, but if that doesn't happen then I get a drip with more drugs to start contractions. We are just going to go with the flow and hope all goes well. I definitely know that I'm in good hands at the hospital. I really don't know how the midwives are so nice and comforting all the time.

2 comments:

  1. When you say Thursday is that June 26th????!!!

    Love the pic Brooke!!! Very cute. You look great.

    I had to be induced, and in my opinion I thought it was so much easier because everything went sooo much faster... not at first, but once the contractions start... it's only a matter of time (yeah). I remember going in to the hospital and women were screaming as they were getting in - I was fine... I felt bad for the women because I didn't have the pains as I was getting induced. Hopefully everything goes well. Let me know the date!!!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, BROOKE AND KEVIN ARE GOING TO SEE THEIR BABY ANYTIME NOW. I'M EXPECTING A CALL ONCE GRANDBABY ARRIVES, AND I'M SURE ALL WILL GO WELL. IT'S SO GOOD YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH THE MIDWIFES. I'M ANXIOUS TO SEE IF ITS A BOY OR A GIRL ?
    CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU BOTH. MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU,xox MUM

    ReplyDelete