Friday, 15 February 2008

Five For Friday Plus One




1. Still having major issues signing into gmail, blogger and hotmail. It always seems to work better on the Mac which has been undergoing maintenance lately (nothing wrong with it, just hubby having fun).

2. Trying to get used to a new bedtime of 8:30pm. Finding it hard as by the time I come home, eat a snack, rest, clean, cook and eat dinner it's time for bed again. I get up early for work so it's only a total of 8.5 hours sleep I'm getting, and apparently pregnant women need more sleep, which I'm all for.

3. Cranky with a service provider that I have been trying to get a hold of. I left a message for them to call me at my work, and left my work number. So of course they call me on my mobile - I'm in retail and can't have it on me at work. So now I'm the one that loses out...doh.

4. I am going here tomorrow morning. Haven't been in the longest time. It's time for us to get back into eating more fruit and vegetables and I'm am so fed up with the grocery stores, their crazy prices and home brands. Each week I would go to a separate deli, butcher, fruiterer, bakery and grocer if I had the time and all the petrol. I really don't like how the big guys are trying to get rid of the little guys by reducing our choice and deleting product lines only to replace them with their home brands. Of course they cheaper, but most weeks I buy the other Australian made brand where possible just to spite them. I'm sure my little efforts wont really change much, but I feel better for it.

The only problem with going to the fruit markets is fruit and lettuce doesn't freeze. I usually try to roast a few vege and freeze them for lunches, etc. We also tend to eat more salads towards the beginning of the week.

5. I also can't forget to go to the post office tomorrow morning too. I've had a parcel that was supposed to be sent ages ago but due to rain haven't wanted to risk it under my umbrella on the walk to the train. The other day I had to walk through ankle deep water in parts to get home!

6. In searching for a free photo, as every post must have a photo, I came across the above flag. It turns out that the maple-leaf Canadian flag was first raised over Parliament Hill in Ottawa on this day in 1965. There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment